You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Supports Underwriting in the sales acquisition process. Provides support for Commercial Middle Market Large Property new business and renewal policy account coordination, review, essential services, rating, prepare work orders for quoting and issuance of middle market business. Serves as the point of contact for agents in handling inquiries and requests. Communicates with customers to request needed information and resolves problems.
Sales Support: Responsible for supporting the Underwriter in the sales acquisition process through a variety of services that may include account coordination, new business and renewal policy essential services, report ordering, preliminary classification of new business, and data collection. Responsible for reviewing, preparing work orders for rating and issuing policies. Applies screening criteria in accordance with guidelines. Communicates with customers to obtain needed and required underwriting information and resolves problems. Supports sales efforts and strategies.
Workload/Desk Management: Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions. Effectively balance quality, and timeliness while working alongside the Underwriter to Manage a Book of Business). Multi-task, prioritize and manage daily work activities. Organizes work, based on AM/UW Huddles, recognition of Top Agents, and territorial differences, so that others can easily determine what needs to be done and effectively continue the work and respond to customers as needed. Maintains an effective pending/diary/follow-up system. Maintains a professional/organized work area.
Understands and Supports Organizational Vision and Strategy and Embraces Change
• Stays current on issues potentially impacting his/her work, including industry and marketplace trends, strategic direction of the organization, organizational structure and leadership, team goals, internal initiatives, etc.
• Understands and aligns own work plans, activities and decisions to help fulfill all commitments within established timeframes
• Seeks information about the vision and strategies for his/her team, department and The Hartford overall
• Possesses the necessary knowledge of business concepts to achieve business results
Works Effectively – Is Autonomous and Thinks Critically
• Manages own time and workload efficiently: balances multiple priorities to fulfill all commitments within established timeframes
• Identifies the benefits and opportunities of change and quickly alters approaches to implement and support change efforts
• Modifies own work activities and methods to eliminate waste and inefficiency
• Attends Regional Office Meetings to understand priorities of the Office and works hand in hand with the Underwriter to achieve Regional Office Goals
Pursues Self Development
• Constantly seeks opportunities to learn and acquire new skills
• Ensures that lessons learned are applied to future situations
• Strives to learn and understand dynamics of the territory, Book of Business Knowledge
Building effective relationships and partnerships
• Words and actions are consistent; demonstrates company core values and principles
• Is open and honest in all dealings internally and externally; treats others with fairness and respect
• Seeks to resolve conflicts in a productive manner without assigning blame or claiming credit
• Supports others who request assistance and/or information
• Advances collective team mission as well as individual goals
• Builds effective relationships with Agents
• Acts with appropriate urgency when responding to customer inquiries or requests
• Sets high standards and continually evaluates self against performance targets
• Demonstrates professionalism and establishes credibility and rapport in all customer interactions: Personally enhances The Hartford’s reputation
• Serves as the Single Point of Contact for agents on service related/problem resolution
Demonstrates Effective Communication Skills
• Listens carefully and asks probing questions to understand others’ needs or perspectives (peers, business partners and customers)
• Speaks clearly and concisely to effectively convey information or express opinions; clearly explains complex or technical information in a way that is helpful to listeners
• Quickly comprehends written information and writes effective letters, emails, reports, etc.
• Keep others informed so there are no unnecessary “surprises”
• Tailors communication content and method to the audience; anticipates how messages are likely to be received
• Prior Commercial Market Insurance industry experience as an Account Manager or Underwriting Assistant at either an insurance carrier/agency preferred
• Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines rating experience
• Large Property experience a plus
• Knowledge of the following primary insurance coverage’s: Workers Compensation, Auto, General Liability, Property required
• College Degree preferred
• Strong Customer Service and Relationship Building skills required
• Effective Communication Skills / Written and Verbal
• Strong Customer Service Orientation
• Good Automation Skills and strong technical ability
• Professional Demeanor
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point Software
• Works Autonomously
• Ability to shift work efforts quickly and make decisions in a fast past environment
*This opportunity will be filled as either a Tier 9 Account Manager or Tier 10 Associate Account Manager depending on preferred experience*
Work Arrangements/Location: This opportunity requires hybrid work arrangements (up to 2 days per week in office/work from home). Candidate should be within driving distance of one of the locations listed.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:$48,560- $78,000
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | BenefitsAccount Manager - OA09HN